Application Period: 17th August, 2020 to 30th September, 2020
The Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) through the Ministry of Higher Education, administers the Strategic Research Fund (SRF). The Fund is implemented by the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC). The SRF was established to support basic and applied scientific Research and Development (R&D) in identified strategic national priority areas. The Fund is further aimed at enhancing research capacity in Zambia. The NSTC is calling for Research Proposals for funding under the Strategic Research Fund 2020 – 2021 funding cycle.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
- RESEARCH THEMATIC AREAS
Research Proposals must fall within the specified research fields under each thematic area given below: Proposals falling outside these thematic areas and research fields will NOT be considered.
- Improving production and productivity of crops, livestock and fisheries
- Enhancing nutritive value of crops
- Development of crop pests and animal diseases management technologies
- Free energy permanent magnet generators
- Distributed energy generation technologies
- Biosolid fuel production from organic waste/aquatic weeds
- Mining value chains and industrialization
- Sustainable small-scale mining technologies
- Environmentally friendly mining technologies
The funding ceiling is Eight Hundred Thousand Kwacha (K800,000.00) per project for a duration of three (3) years.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Call is open to researchers in public and private R&D institutions registered with NSTC in the funding cycle. Individual researchers not affiliated to institutions will be required to be affiliated to an NSTC-registered institution. Applications from institutions not registered with NSTC will not be considered.
The research proposals should be practical and focused towards knowledge generation and problem solving in the identified priority research fields.
Proposals that demonstrate a strong multidisciplinary and collaborative approach among researchers and institutions in Zambia are encouraged.
Females and differently abled persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
- HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must read SRF Guidelines for further application guidelines before applying. The SRF Guidelines are available on the NSTC website.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is 30th September, 2020. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- EVALUATION, REVIEW AND SELECTION OF PROJECTS FOR FUNDING
Proposals will be evaluated and reviewed by independent experts. Selection of projects for funding will be on merit and priority, taking into consideration the following:
- Scientific merit and quality of the proposed research;
- Evidence of the capacity and capability of the research teams and significant contribution to and leadership in the proposed field
- Demonstration of collaboration, inter and multi-disciplinarity of the proposed research
- Originality, innovativeness of the proposed research and strong innovation/commercialization potential
- Potential for human capital development for research and innovation
- Consideration for gender and inclusivity dimensions
For further information and inquiries, contact NSTC on Telephone: +260-211-255854, Fax: +260-211-257194, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Applications that do not meet ALL the requirements stated in this Call and that do not adhere to ALL instructions in the Application Form will not be considered.
- Proposals will be selected on merit and priority and the decision of the Fund Management Committee shall be final.